The Midland Public Library is looking for dynamic and creative people
to serve on the Board of Directors.
Are you interested in libraries? Do you want to make a difference in the future of our community? Do you have a passion to foster lifelong learning and creativity? We would love to hear from you!
Modern libraries offer far more than books! We connect people, promote lifelong learning, and spark creativity through numerous programs ranging from craft and leisure activities to business management skills. There’s something for all ages and interests! We’re excited about our next big initiative ~ the development of a Makerspace that will include a 3-D printer, a green screen, a recording studio and much, much more.
The Midland Public Library needs volunteers for the Board of Directors who are:
• Interested in making a positive difference in their community and setting the future direction of the library
• Enthusiastic about working with other board members, Chief Executive Officer and staff.
• Available to attend monthly board and committee meetings.
• Prepared to contribute to discussions and decisions regarding the strategic direction of the library.
• Willing to commit approximately 10 hours per month for a 4 year term.
• Open to learning about existing library programs and the creation of forward-thinking services to enrich our community.
• Ready to learn about public library issues and concerns at the local, provincial, and national level.
• Eager to participate in events that raise funds for and promote the Library.
Please note terms of board members coincide with terms of council – so all volunteers appointed with this recruitment will remain in these roles until the next term of council.
We are looking for candidates with a broad range of backgrounds and skills. If you think you might be interested in this exciting opportunity, or simply want to know more about it, please email us at email@example.com
To download the application form as a pdf please CLICK HERE
To download the application form as a fillable Word document form please CLICK HERE
Physical forms are also available at the Library and Town Hall at any time. Completed forms are to be returned to:
Sherri Edgar, Deputy Clerk
Town of Midland
575 Dominion Avenue
Midland, ON L4R 1R2
Telephone: (705) 526-4275, ext. 2210
Fax: (705) 526-9971