- This event has passed.
Makers & Breakers
March 7 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm$10.00
Make a one-of-a-kind electronic instrument by rewiring old toys and devices!
In this ‘Circuit Bending’ workshop, we’ll create new musical instruments by re-wiring the circuits of old electronics and toys. With just a soldering iron and some imagination, we’ll create sounds you never thought possible!
Synthesized human and animal voices, and even imaginary and musical sounds are hidden inside everyday gadgets. We’ll open them up, tinker with them, and have a rocking jam session.
- Safety waiver required at registration or arrival
- Payment required with registration
- All technology and tools provided
- Participants may bring an old battery-operated toy/game that they’d like to “hack” (but once it’s hacked, there’s no going back!)
- Made possible in partnership with Elevate and Home Depot Midland