For the shared health of our staff, patrons, and community, the Midland Public Library building will remain closed to the public until further notice.
We’re providing curbside pick-up (by appointment, select materials only, no special collections) as of June 8. Find out more here. Manage your account and holds here on our website or call 705-526-4216 for assistance. Our book drop is open. All materials will be subject to a 3 day quarantine before being checked in and placed back into circulation.
Our electronic resources are available 24/7. Consider using our downloadable books, audiobooks, or magazines or learning something new with our online databases. You can now renew your account online for 3 months. Log in here to update your information if you get a notice that your account is expired. If you are looking to sign up for a library membership and reside in one of our service areas, please send an email to email@example.com to start the process.
Help stop the spread and support MPL by picking up a mask from Kettle Craft Creations in exchange for a donation. Find out more here.
MPL is supporting our community by participating in a project to 3D print facemask bands for frontline care workers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to discuss similar projects.
Upon re-opening we may be maintaining the following service modifications:
Suspension of programming, room bookings, and other services until further notice.
We may require/encourage patrons to:
- Explore our online resources, e-books, and e-audiobooks
- Renew their currently checked out items online or by phone
- Use our self-checkout options / scan their own library cards in-house
- Wear a face mask while in the Library
- Consider making any payments at / to MPL by debit / credit rather than cash
- Consider cancelling any small meetings planned for Library spaces
Library services that will be unavailable until further notice include:
- Library-run programming
- Public computer access
- Room bookings
- Faxing / scanning
- Coffee station
- Interlibrary loan requests
- High-touch items in-house such as toys, kits, puzzles, etc.
We are monitoring the situation carefully with our municipality and local health authorities, and have implemented the following practices:
- Installation of plexiglass shields at the various service desks
- Encouraging standard prevention measures for staff and patrons, such as washing your hands often with soap and water, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer, sneezing and/or coughing into your sleeve, avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth, and staying home if you’re sick.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment
- Ensuring facilities for hand washing, paper tissues, and hand sanitizer are widely available to staff and patrons, and encouraging their use.
- Expanded signage promoting recommended public hygiene practices, including signage providing information to assist in self-identification and prevention of transmission.
- Washrooms closed to the public
The Library continues to regularly monitor health authority communications. Should the situation change in Midland, further updates and responses will be made available here on the website to ensure we are keeping you informed.
CEO and Chief Librarian
Resources for your information:
Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit – COVID-19 Updates
Town of Midland – Coronavirus Updates
Government of Canada – Outbreak Update website
Province of Ontario – Outbreak Update website
Province of Ontario, Ministry of Health – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public