Dear Library Users & Community Members,
Although your library operates well with the tax dollars you provide, those funds are not enough to continue to provide all of the programs and level of service our community needs and appreciates.
Your financial support will provide expanded services and enhanced programs throughout the Library.
Help us to continue this work and to be able to do more. Please pick up an envelope and return it with a contribution that demonstrates your support for your library and for instilling a love of reading & lifelong learning in our community.
The Midland Public Library Board
OUR GOAL: $38, 180
As of December 2019, the Midland Public Library had 19, 090 active library memberships. We’ve decided to aim to raise a total of $38, 180, based on the goal of raising $2 per active library membership.
Goals for Raised Funds
Keeping children’s & seniors’ programming at low or no cost to the participants
Increasing program offerings for all ages
Increasing access to technology
How can you help?
There are lots of wonderful ways to help us reach our goal! Every dollar makes a difference!
- Check out the amazing “Toonie Tumbler” box created by Jonathan Killing, Volunteer & Member of our MakerPlace Advisory Group, on the main floor of the library by the elevator. This gorgeous and interactive collection box will not only collect donations, but will also amaze you with its ingenuity.
If you’d like to give larger amounts, library staff are happy to provide envelopes and/or assistance with donations via cash, debit, cheque or credit card. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations greater than $20.00.
We THANK YOU for your continued support over the years. We pride ourselves in continuing to grow with our community! Through your continued use and support of the library, we look forward to getting even better.
Since 2016 the Midland Public Library has:
- Increased memberships: Now 75% of Midland residents have an active library card.
- Increased number of programs offered by 520%.
- Increased internet usage by 248%.
- Increased circulation by 342%.
- Created and launched “The Back Corner” – a dedicated Tween space.
- Renovated the first floor lobby, creating the Community Living Room.
- Renovated the second floor, building and opening the MakerPlace.
- Created and launched the Community Connection Space.
- Launched the new Midland Public Library Bookmobile.
Our MakerPlace is the area’s 1st makerspace. Open to the entire community, this space contains a variety of equipment including 3D printers, a laser cutter, vinyl cutters, soldering irons, recording studio equipment, video & photo editing equipment & even sewing machines! Any person, any age, any skill level can access equipment and participate in activities, programs & projects in science, technology, engineering, math or creative endeavors.
The MakerPlace at MPL will foster entrepreneurship, support small business, student and individuals alike. It is truly a place for the community to come together to learn something new and create something as unique as you are.
Learn something new, expand a current skill & explore your creativity!