We have on-going volunteer opportunities at the Midland Public Library. We encourage and welcome applications from everyone ages 14 and older. We also accept students looking to fulfill their volunteer hour requirements. Specific volunteer positions will be posted here as they arise. If you would like to submit an application to volunteer for a specific role, or to be kept on file for future positions, please complete the form below. Volunteer applications will be kept for one year.
All volunteers require a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening.
Volunteer Positions Available
- Assist in preparation of crafts and materials for a range of children’s programs and events. This may include creating demo crafts, sorting materials for upcoming programs and helping to supervise events and programs.
- Conduct regular sanitization of toys in the children’s department.
- Assist in creating seasonal displays and decorating the area as guided.
- Providing support to the Programming Team in the planning, preparation and conducting of their programs.
- May support the Head of Children’s Services with shelf reading, weeding and collection maintenance.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of the full range of programs and services offered by the library.
- Performs other duties in support of the Children’s department as requested.
From books and puzzles to video games and online databases, the Library’s collections are constantly shifting. Collections Support Assistants will help keep these items in good order, ensuring they are up-to-date and ready for the community to borrow.
Duties may include sorting, scanning, organizing, digitizing, packaging and more – all to maintain our items for loan.
Help home-bound residents by finding books of interest in the library and delivering them to their home as needed