Businesses are a key component of the community in Midland and the Midland Public Library is here to support them.
The Library now subscribes to LinkedIn Learning, offering access to an extensive library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts. Head to our Business & Careers e-resources page to login or create a LinkedIn Learning account using your MPL card number and PIN.
Are you looking to start a business? Here are some resources that may help get you started:
- South Georgian Bay Chamber of Commerce (Midland)
- Downtown Midland
- Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe
- Small Business Centre
- Service Canada: Starting a Business
Build Your Business – Virtual 1-1 Research and Referrals
Interested in starting or building your small business or entrepreneurship idea, but don’t know where to start? We can be your point of connection to all the great resources available for new or expanding business owners, saving you time! We can also introduce you to the great resources available via your Library, like Simply Analytics, Lynda.com online learning, and more.
Email Faith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-526-4216 ext. 3305 to book your FREE virtual 1-1 today.
You can also stay up to date by joining our Build Your Business group on Facebook.
Artrepreneur Simcoe County
Are you an ARTIST or CREATIVE? Be your own boss and turn your passion into a business. Artrepreneur is a multi-week program designed to equip artists and arts administrators with vital business skills and to connect them with other creatives.
For more information or to be notified when the application process opens, contact email@example.com
Artrepreneur is a partnership between the Culture Alliance in the Heart of Georgian Bay, the York Region Arts Council, Tourism Simcoe County, Midland Public Library, and the North Simcoe Community Futures Development Corporation.
- Applicant is an independent artist, Director/President of an arts group/non-profit organization or the Founder/Owner of a creative business
- All arts disciplines, design and those working at the intersection of art, technology & innovation
- Actively practicing and/or in operation for two consecutive years or more
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to commute and attend weekly sessions
Subject matter expert guest lecturers and Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship mentors.