Despite the funding cuts to the Southern Ontario Library Service (SOLS) by the Provincial Government, your Midland Public Library Board, with support from Town Council, has been working very hard to find a way to bring back Midland’s participation in this vital service. Interlibrary Loan Service is available at the Midland Public Library.
Unfortunately, since the majority of the costs now fall directly to libraries, with budgets set before the announcement – this return of service will come with limitations, and reductions in other budget areas. Our library Board and staff realize the value of this service to our community and will continue to work towards the best service we can deliver!
Modified Interlibrary Loan Service:
- Each patron may request/have 2 interlibrary loans at any one time.
- All materials requested must be a minimum of 1 year old.
- DVDs, video games, CDs and any other material deemed fragile, cannot be brought in on interlibrary loan. Audio books CAN still be brought in on loan.
- Any interlibrary loans brought in at a patron’s request and not picked up within 10 days will be subject to a $5.00 fine.
- Late fines for interlibrary loans will be: $0.50 per day, per item.
- Meeting the needs of external book clubs at this time is not possible due to costs and funding limitations. Individuals participating in book clubs may request their own copies of a book, but MPL cannot arrange to bring in sets of books at this time.
- This service may change, or be cancelled at any time – due to funding limitations.