For the shared health of our staff, patrons, and community, the Midland Public Library is open with modified services and hours.
|Subject to change without notice.|
|Monday||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 8:00pm|
|Thursday||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||9:30am - 4:00pm|
Curbside service, e-resources, and take & make and virtual programs are available!
We are providing curbside pick-up (by appointment, select materials only, no special collections). Find out more here.
Manage your account and holds here on our website, via the free Simcoe County Libraries app, or call 705-526-4216 for assistance.
Our book drop is open 24/7. If you still have overdue materials, please return them as soon as possible; fines are being charged.
Our electronic resources are available 24/7. Consider using our downloadable books, audiobooks, or magazines or learning something new with our online databases. Find all our updates and great shared resources on our Facebook or Twitter pages. Find our virtual programs on our Events Calendar and lots of free online activities here.
Based on Provincial Government guidelines the following restrictions are applicable to in-person visits:
- We require patrons to wear a face mask of their own provision while in the Library, for their entire visit. Under 2 years of age will be exempt. In all other cases, if you cannot or are unwilling to wear a mask we will refer you to our curbside service
- Capacity and time limits will be in place
- Computer access – booked in advance by calling 705-526-4216 ext. 3304 – with a maximum of 30 minutes of use
- In-house, high touch programs and services will be limited
When it is safe to expand facility access and services we will also encourage patrons to:
- Explore our online resources, e-books, and e-audiobooks
- Renew their currently checked out items online or by phone
- Use our self-checkout options / scan their own library cards in-house
We are monitoring the situation carefully with our municipality and local health authorities, and have implemented the following practices:
- Installation of plexiglass shields at the various service desks
- Encouraging standard prevention measures for staff and patrons, such as washing your hands often with soap and water, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer, sneezing and/or coughing into your sleeve, avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth, and staying home if you’re sick
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment
- Ensuring facilities for hand washing, paper tissues, and hand sanitizer are widely available to staff and patrons, and encouraging their use
- Expanded signage promoting recommended public hygiene practices, including signage providing information to assist in self-identification and prevention of transmission
Should the situation change in Midland, further updates and responses will be made available here on the website to ensure we are keeping you informed.
CEO and Chief Librarian
Resources for your information:
Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit – COVID-19 Updates
Town of Midland – Coronavirus Updates
Government of Canada – Outbreak Update website
Province of Ontario – Outbreak Update website
Province of Ontario, Ministry of Health – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public